Monday, April 28, 2008

Lambie gets a bath...

We have encouraged both of our kids to have special "lovey" items...this makes going for naps, bedtime, etc. just so much easier. It also helps them when we travel to visit family, etc. However, with Elizabeth - her "taggie" and "lambie" have become more than just lovies - they are an obesession! Since she still takes regular naps...it's nearly impossible to pry them out of her hands to wash them. Grandma Berg made the wonderful "taggie" blanket, and Grandma Stedry got the lamb for her. I happened to see an identical lamb on clearance when I was out shopping, so I bought it. Preppy Hubby was like, what are you doing? I explained to him that if we ever had a throw-up situation, this "back-up Lambie" could come in handy, which it has. It is now known as "Lambie's brother, Lambie", which is all well and fine, except lately when you saw the two of them together, it was quite apparent that the real Lambie was badly in need of a bath! So one day last week I decided it was bath day for taggie and lambie - I took picture of both Lambie's - I'm not even sure if these pictures give you the full scope of how "loved" he was!!


Lambie - before his bath!!



Lambie's brother, Lambie - not quite as 'loved'!

As a side note, we're happy to report that both taggie and lambie came out of the washer and dryer in one piece, both smelling fresh and clean, much to the liking of their owner, Elizabeth!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My daughter picked exactly the same stuffed lamb as her lovey! I also got a second one when we realized she would not go to sleep without it. She calls them lambie and fresh lambie, although fresh lambie does not get a lot of love.

Preppy Mommy said...

Ha-ha!! I love "fresh lambie"!! That is a pretty accurate description over here, too - the lambie that get the most love, smells the funkiest!!