Thursday, September 23, 2010

Artwork

I have noticed some amazing changes in Andrew recently. He has always loved books, loved to read, play games, and things like that. He hasn't really been much into coloring or drawing. Elizabeth, on the other hand, was born with a hot pink crayon in her hand!! She LOVES to draw, and has since an early age. Even before she could really write, she'd scribble squiggly lines on paper, like she was writing a real sentence!

All of a sudden, over about the past month, Andrew has really started to draw and write. When they are little, their drawings and doodles are just so precious I had to share.

This one on green was done this past Sunday in church during the sermon. I believe it's the back of the church council nominee form. I call it "3 flowers on a hill" by Andrew!!



The next one is also by Andrew, done on some plain paper with some of those little Crayola markers. I'm not sure, but I believe it may be a family portrait...do you see the four people standing there? Complete with green grass, blue sky & sunshine!! I think I'm going to frame this one!


While Andrew was searching through the markers and paper, we came across this drawing. I'm sure this was done by Elizabeth - that is how she used to make her "people", with the exaggerated hands and feet, complete with fingers and toes!! She must have been right around Andrew's age, perhaps age 3! So cute!



So precious to see children's artwork...and I especially love it when they put their creations up on the fridge by themselves!! Enjoy!

1 comments:

April said...

Love that you blogged your kids' artwork, I gotta do that! So glad you visited M3RH-- I bought the "fruits of the spirit" sign from Dayspring.com but you can also find more variet at Danielson designs-- I can't recall their website off hand but I linked to them in a recent post. Also wanted to encourage you to enter in my $25 Amazon gift card giveaway-- I'm a new blogger with few followers so your chances of winning are excellent! Sorry to be so long winded. :)